Monday, September 14, 2015

April 14: Keith finds asparagus in the garden


A quick update...just yesterday while attempting to deal with so many things scattered across our yard, I saw something I couldn't immediately identify in one tier of this past year's garden. On closer inspection, I saw there was a substantial stand of asparagus...the stalks generally ranging from around 16 inches to more than 30 inches tall. I opted to go ahead and harvest several of the stalks, which can be seen in one of the photos below. I'm including yet another photo which gives a better idea regarding the overall stand of asparagus. In addition, it looks as though I may have some garlic on its way too, also unexpectedly. Also, I noticed today that the three blueberry bushes I planted last year are beginning to leaf out...quite honestly, I wasn't certain they were going to survive the cold of this past winter. AND the strawberries encircling the three blueberry bushes appear to be making their way up through the straw and into the sun as well. Who would've thought just six weeks at the time the house blew up, that would be harvesting crops so soon. Amazing!

I accidentally posted this recent update without having attached photos I'll do that now and repost. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment