Sunday, September 13, 2015

Feb 22: later that day


For those who haven't seen the pictures, this is what is left of the master bedroom, and garage part our house and cars. I guess you could say with dark humor that last night we had a blast. Still unsure what caused the explosion but suspect it might have been the gas water heater in a closet in the garage. We saw the house for the first time this morning on the news and I can say that was shocking. Keith was taking a shower and I was in bed way under the covers listening to Lynsey Addario's new book on my ipod about war photography and my first thought was that it was a sound effect on the recording but when the ceiling fell on me, I quickly realized that I needed to find Keith and see if the cats were ok. I had no shoes so I just called out. Keith got a bunch of nicks and shards in his body but they are small and he has some cuts on his feet from racing to find me on the other side of the master bedroom in the dark. We are fine, the cats are fine and the house could really use a magic wand to put it back together again. 
Barry and Diane have been our angels taking care of our every need today. Our neighbors Jenn and Andy are watching the cats and Andy ran in to save us last night. We will move temporarily down to Carol and Gary's further down the street tomorrow with the cats. Life will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment