Monday, September 14, 2015

May 26: micro-irrigation


Last Saturday and Sunday I devoted my days to cobbling together a micro-irrigation system...thereby providing each of the plants its own source of water which drips directly in the vicinity of the plant's root. A much greater level of control over the amount of water received by any given plant can be achieved while, at the same time, conserving a great deal of water as compared to the quantity of water used by other methods of watering. With the much more highly developed system I established last year having been consumed by the explosion of our house a few months ago, I very much wanted to develop a reasonably similar watering system...partly to insure better production of the plants and to make the process of watering less cumbersome. Having completed a pared down version of micro-irrigation system, I feel a great deal of weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Regarding the photos, I'd add descriptions of each...but it seems I'm not being give that opportunity on the Facebook website now. In any case, you'll be able to see some of the drip emitters and plumbing as well as pictures of some of the terraces I've planted this year after having been mulched using pine needles. ALSO, the final picture shows the Big Beef tomato plant that volunteered on its own a couple of weeks ago in the nearby terrace where I planted asparagus last year. The BIG THING, from my perspective...the plant already has two blossoms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment