Monday, September 14, 2015

May 2: my last day of teaching.




So, this past thursday was my official last day of classes, however, we still have three days of critiques, and graduation before I end my career as a faculty person of 41 years. Cleaning my office will be a big job but one that I look forward to because it holds so many memories. 
On Thurs at 12:15 as I walked into class already shaky from the pictures of our house demolition, the faculty and students surprised me with a gathering, applause and a big ass wind chime for the new house. Of course, I cried, and thanked them and told them the thing I would not miss were faculty meetings, the lucky thing I gained was that now my students were my friends and colleagues since I was going to no longer be their teacher. We have plans to sit in my old driveway and toast with champagne to making new memories and melding those friendships through art, life and laughter. 
Next Saturday is graduation and then may the fun begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment